Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Skills

+4
TheMask
[Owner]Minh
FailureParth
Aero
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you like the skills?

Custom Skills I_vote_lcap20%Custom Skills I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Custom Skills I_vote_lcap60%Custom Skills I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Custom Skills I_vote_lcap0%Custom Skills I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Custom Skills I_vote_lcap20%Custom Skills I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Custom Skills Empty Custom Skills

Post  Aero Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:03 pm

Well, I've been working on custom skills for the server for a while now, and I thought to celebrate the arrival of the new source, I thought I'd just do a small preview of what I've been doing. Hope you like em.

**Since the new source doesn't release until the end of this week, I'll continue making more skills until that time. Meaning, the download for these skills will be available at the same time as the source.

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Amount of Messages : 23
Register Date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Custom Skills Empty Re: Custom Skills

Post  Aero Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1L1zHHVX8

Sorry for the bad quality. Apparently, I'm not the greatest video director.

Here are the skills in order of appearance:

**Corsair's Rapid Fire
**Outlaw's Ice Splitter
**Corsair's Aerial Strike
**Ranger's Strafe
**Bowmaster's Hurricane
**Bowmaster's Dragon Breath
**Hero's Brandish
**Arch I/L Mage's Big Bang
**Arch I/L Mage's Ice Demon
**Arch I/L Mage's Chain Lightning

*NOTE* Arrow Rain was editted, but not shown.

I'm still working on more for the new source. If anyone has any specific request, let me know.

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:47 pm

WAY Better then my editing, upload plox Very Happy
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 146
City : Upp your butt around the corner

Back to top Go down

Post  [Owner]Minh Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 am

looks good
[Owner]Minh
[Owner]Minh
Owner
Owner

Amount of Messages : 71

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMask Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 pm

looks nicee Very Happy
TheMask
TheMask
Medium Poster
Medium Poster

Amount of Messages : 72
City : Israel

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:43 am

Other words, excellence
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:05 am

Thanks for the kind words guys! However, I am starting to run out of inspiration. o-O

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:06 am

Aero wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys! However, I am starting to run out of inspiration. o-O

Try replacing skill frames? Or perhaps try recoloring something. Or create your own skill.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:06 pm

Do like... o-o a Aero signature move Very Happy
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Lololol, if everyone else can do it, it's not really an Aero signature move.

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredRuffles Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:31 pm

i think they are just calling it "Aero signature move"...i dont think they want you to use it...infact they want to use "Your" signature move. (My prediction)

BoredRuffles
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 181
Register Date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:19 pm

BoredRuffles wrote:i think they are just calling it "Aero signature move"...i dont think they want you to use it...infact they want to use "Your" signature move. (My prediction)

Just for you to know, you can't edit skill names. Wink It is not handled in the wz, but merely in the client. So far, the edits that Aero has been doing are Skill.wz edits. It is impossible, if not near impossible to edit the client. So, either make your own client (takes way too long), or you edit the client (not hex-editing), but actually having the source code.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeLilRed Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 am

Inferno wrote:
Just for you to know, you can't edit skill names. Wink It is not handled in the wz, but merely in the client. So far, the edits that Aero has been doing are Skill.wz edits. It is impossible, if not near impossible to edit the client. So, either make your own client (takes way too long), or you edit the client (not hex-editing), but actually having the source code.

It isn't possible to change the names of the skills through the client.
Well you could try, but it would just make the client unable to use.

Making your own client with edited path's aren't able too since you'll need every other user to have the skill.wz edited else the server would crash after someone without it entering.
MikeLilRed
MikeLilRed
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 62
Register Date : 2010-12-25
City : The Netherlands. (Holland)

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Mike, everything you just said, confused me to another level beyond infinity. Just Sayin'
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:42 pm

MikeLilRed wrote:
Inferno wrote:

Making your own client with edited path's aren't able too since you'll need every other user to have the skill.wz edited else the server would crash after someone without it entering.

Uh, I was going to distribute the skill.wz after I was finished editting it. And I do believe it is possible to play the game without having the EDITTED skill.wz because if they have it or not only determines whether or not they see the skills.

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeLilRed Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:50 pm

Aero wrote:
MikeLilRed wrote:
Inferno wrote:

Uh, I was going to distribute the skill.wz after I was finished editting it. And I do believe it is possible to play the game without having the EDITTED skill.wz because if they have it or not only determines whether or not they see the skills.

I was talking about editing the client path's to change Skill Names that crashes the server.
MikeLilRed
MikeLilRed
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 62
Register Date : 2010-12-25
City : The Netherlands. (Holland)

Back to top Go down

Post  Destiny Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:42 pm

MikeLilRed wrote:

of course it IS possible, we just don't know how.
and the server acutally wouldnt crash, actually there wouldnt be a problem at all since you can edit skill as much as you want to and everyone could use his/her own skill.wz.
the only problem could be that you changed the amount of damge or atack so the skills stops working (unless its in the wz directory of the server).

ok now back to the edited skillz.

i must say i don't really like it, sorry about that. i'm just not a big fan off changing skills to other skills from other versions.
instead try to actually change poses, damage, atk counts, dinstance, color, sprites,
in other words, create new skills Smile it would take some time but that would be much cooler imo
Destiny
Destiny
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 58
Register Date : 2010-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that you dislike my work, but making new custom skills like you're talking about is a lot of work and much more time consuming. I think that editing the skill frames to make it look cooler is perfectly fine. Plus, it's simpler and done faster. If I have time, I may make a NEW custom skill, but I don't think I should spend a large amount of my time making brand new skills.

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Back to top Go down

Post  Destiny Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:35 pm

i don't dislike it, for just chancing the frames with other frames its pretty.

but there are so many skill.wz with only changed frames that its not really "new".

when u actually change the skill like i mentioned before you'll get a whole new concept wich will make ur skills unique
Destiny
Destiny
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Honestly, I don't see a point of editing skill.wz. I am fine with most skill animations, if not switch them to the BB ones. =P
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Destiny Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Inferno wrote:Honestly, I don't see a point of editing skill.wz. I am fine with most skill animations, if not switch them to the BB ones. =P

i agree with you to that Razz

only if you can make a whole new concept in the skill.wz it might be something new, wich will be unique, and u skills might get the server more famous, but its hard and will take some time if not a lot of time
Destiny
Destiny
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Aero Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

The point of editting the Skill.wz is to make the skills cooler. That's it. It's more visually appealing and that often attracts new players. There IS a point. It's not pointless. Also, I don't see many servers with editted skills. To be honest, throughout my entire experience of playing on private servers, I've only played on ONE that had well editted skills. And that brought an EXCEEDINGLY large amount of players to the server. I don't think I need to go to the trouble of making BRAND NEW skills when in the time that it takes to make 1 of those, I could make 10 editted skills. That's why I skill edit. To create something unique for this server, so I might try and make it more famous.

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Back to top Go down

Post  [Owner]Minh Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 am

The point of editting the Skill.wz is to make the skills cooler. That's it. It's more visually appealing and that often attracts new players. There IS a point. It's not pointless. Also, I don't see many servers with editted skills. To be honest, throughout my entire experience of playing on private servers, I've only played on ONE that had well editted skills. And that brought an EXCEEDINGLY large amount of players to the server. I don't think I need to go to the trouble of making BRAND NEW skills when in the time that it takes to make 1 of those, I could make 10 editted skills. That's why I skill edit. To create something unique for this server, so I might try and make it more famous.

good point xd. i love to see people make skills edit, if your done you can place it at the downloads to let the people download it and use it. lots of people likes that.
[Owner]Minh
[Owner]Minh
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  [Owner]Minh Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 am

good point xd. i love to see people make skills edit, if your done you can place it at the downloads to let the people download it and use it. lots of people likes that.
[Owner]Minh
[Owner]Minh
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Destiny Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:53 pm

just edit won't make it unique, in the time i've played v62 i had like 10 different skill.wz, i only used one wich i made, i've replaced all the spearman with aran skills and aslo eddited them further (kinda pointless now lol)

so this won't really make it unique, sorry, there are so many out there. (all tho they might be for v62, v75, its easy to change that.)
Destiny
Destiny
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next