Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event ideas? POST THEM HERE

+4
noviceboy55
Tran
Aero
FailureParth
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Event ideas? POST THEM HERE Empty Event ideas? POST THEM HERE

Post  FailureParth Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Idea 1:This was just random, but there is this map ( i dont know which. ) With tons of boxes that you can open, like the ones with random ETC and meso. I think we should make a event called Deal or no deal lol. Which ever box is opened with a bad drop ( changed by GM) loses. O_o Yea i havent really thought of this well XD

Idea 2:This event is referring from moongrams. Every hour there is a race through selected maps, a GM does not have to host it. This will have to do with some commands. @joinrace @quitrace @raceinfo. @raceinfo consists of how many maps there will be, and where the set of maps will be. such as Ludi or Henesys. The prize comes from the ranking of the race, and there is race points. Make a new NPC with race point prizes BUT you need alot of points for a certain prize like a gold leaf or a godly item.

Idea 3:This event is also in many other private servers. Its called FoJ (Field of Judgment) this map is randomly selected and comes up every 30mins or so. A CRAPLOAD of monster summons after the timer is done, and whoever kills the most gets FoJ points or random amount of meso. This event does not need to be hosted by a GM.

And yes this is Copy and Pasted from the old fourm, didnt feel like retyping XP
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 146
Register Date : 2010-12-20
City : Upp your butt around the corner

Back to top Go down

Event ideas? POST THEM HERE Empty Re: Event ideas? POST THEM HERE

Post  Aero Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Here's one that I used to host on my old server. It was made by the owner, so I don't really remember the name, but I'll just call it Counting Sheep.

A GM warps all participants to the subway in Kerning (It doesn't really have to be this map, this one just happened to be the one I used) and summons a specific number of the same mob. (i.e. 23 snails or 31 mushrooms) The goal of the players is try to guess the number of the specific mob. You can be within a 1 mob range. (Meaning, if you guess 5 or 6 when the real number is 7, you still win.) People who guess incorrectly are warped out and disqualified. Then, another round starts with a different number of mobs. You can add OTHER mobs to distract from the specific mob. The event continues in rounds, where players are disqualified each round until one is left.

It's a bit difficult to comprehend, but I think it's a fun event.

Aero
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Amount of Messages : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm

That actually sounds preety fun, nice idea :0
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tran Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:38 am

This is an old thread, but I'd thought that this might be a fun event for players and/or GMs.

This event is called, "Musical Chairs". For those who haven't played this before, it's a GM hosted event where people that are in the event are warped inside the OX Quiz room. Players would go to middle and stay there until further notice. From then, the players will head over to one side of the room (depending on what the certain GM(s) tell them to do) and stay on a platform. The timer would be set up, and when the timer is done, the certain GM would pick a platform or the platforms and send those people on it back to Henesys. The ones who passed will head back to the middle and the rotation continues until we have a winner(s). Of course, this would require a certain amount of players in order to host this event. I'd just thought that it might be useful in the near future.

There are some events like Jump Quests, True/False, Hide and Seek, etc., but those are pretty self-explanatory.
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 95
Register Date : 2010-12-27
City : Los Angeles, California

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tuhrane

Back to top Go down

Post  noviceboy55 Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:00 am

I have an improved version of "musical chairs" and here it is. This works for servers which doesn't have A LOT of players participating. ( Maybe an event that hosts 20 players Very Happy? )

1. All participating players will be warped to the OX Quiz map.
2. As you know, the left side of the map are tiles making up a O shape. For the first round, the GM will spawn some monsters on the lowest tile ( maybe Super Jr.Neckis ) and all participating players will try to jump onto a tile that doesn't have monsters spawned on. First player to reach the tile gets it so someone who stacks on top of the first player is disqualified.
3. The rounds continue with more tiles having monsters spawned on ( 1 player is eliminated each round ) until you have the top 3 positions Very Happy / first.

Here's another event idea.

Trivia Elimination

1. Participants are warped to the event map ( any will do ) and all of them will be muted.
2. GM will ask questions 1 by 1 and players will answer the GM by whispering him/her.
3. The first to answer a question correctly gets to choose X number of players to be warped out. YES SABOTAGE! ( X is determined by how many participating players. Like if there's 20, make it 1 so it doesn't end so fast and if there's 100, obviously make it 3-4 so it doesn't take too much time ).
4. The winner is decided when all other players except himself has been disqualified. The last 2 disqualified players will be, in order, the 2nd and 3rd.

noviceboy55
Growing Activity
Growing Activity

Amount of Messages : 20
Register Date : 2010-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:24 pm

FailureParth wrote:Idea 1:This was just random, but there is this map ( i dont know which. ) With tons of boxes that you can open, like the ones with random ETC and meso. I think we should make a event called Deal or no deal lol. Which ever box is opened with a bad drop ( changed by GM) loses. O_o Yea i havent really thought of this well XD

Idea 2:This event is referring from moongrams. Every hour there is a race through selected maps, a GM does not have to host it. This will have to do with some commands. @joinrace @quitrace @raceinfo. @raceinfo consists of how many maps there will be, and where the set of maps will be. such as Ludi or Henesys. The prize comes from the ranking of the race, and there is race points. Make a new NPC with race point prizes BUT you need alot of points for a certain prize like a gold leaf or a godly item.

Idea 3:This event is also in many other private servers. Its called FoJ (Field of Judgment) this map is randomly selected and comes up every 30mins or so. A CRAPLOAD of monster summons after the timer is done, and whoever kills the most gets FoJ points or random amount of meso. This event does not need to be hosted by a GM.

And yes this is Copy and Pasted from the old fourm, didnt feel like retyping XP

1) Already answered before, we need to change reactors to change the drops.
2) It was not created by MoongraMS, but one of Mike's friend, SharpAce aka Alan. It was called the Great Victoria Race. We already have that in the new source.
3) FoJ isn't that great, imo.

@Aero's idea
Interesting. It could be a great event.

@Tran
That sounds like Russian Roulette to me, except you warp them out.

@noviceboy
Sounds pretty interesting. It could work out, except we don't have that many players at the moment.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Yea Tran, we have the Russian Roullete idea. Almost the exact as Musical Chairs XD. And Brian your so lulz.
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:26 pm

FailureParth wrote:Yea Tran, we have the Russian Roullete idea. Almost the exact as Musical Chairs XD. And Brian your so lulz.

Why would you say that I am lulz, sir? I am not amused.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:45 pm

So is trash cat. Event ideas? POST THEM HERE Trashcat_410
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMask Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:01 pm

by the looks of it i can absolutely say YES IT IS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
TheMask
TheMask
Medium Poster
Medium Poster

Amount of Messages : 72
City : Israel

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 pm

FailureParth wrote:So is trash cat. Event ideas? POST THEM HERE Trashcat_410

Please, no off-topic posting. You should be enforcing the rules, not being the exception.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeroen Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Ill be hosting up the best event in my opinion when serv gets back on.
Jeroen
Jeroen
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 46

https://dividems.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:06 am

Can't wait Joroen. And Brian, you totally led me to it. Sad
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tran Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:07 am

Well, I've never played Russian Roulette, so I wouldn't know. :c
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 95
Register Date : 2010-12-27
City : Los Angeles, California

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tuhrane

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:30 pm

Same idea as musical chairs. Lmao. I believe Russian Roullete was a game show, and these people stand on a platform. The light blinks on one of them, and if its on them they fall into a pit/exit. Same concept XD.
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredRuffles Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Hello, these ideas were posted on the old forum. I think it is better to post it here as well. I have also added and deleted some ideas.
Like Parth have said, there should be more maps for people with different skills to train and have fun in. (I personally agree that games are not meant to be a competition, <I agree there will be times where that occurs>. But, I think it is also to have fun and enjoy the things that the staff has provided us with, if we can create a map where people can enjoy a time in Divide AND train them and compete with one other; I think it will surely attract more people and attention. For an example, a map where you:
1. Can have an obstacle course where you can fight different monsters (like Mario)

2. Have a custom item you can use at a specific event/map that can help you in a certain way for this specific destination (like shoes that can make you jump higher, EST.)

3. I was always thinking about MS tag... --an event where the “IT” person can gain a boost and chaise other players and tag/catch each other. If you are caught, lets say two times, you are out of the game, until two people are left in the game and the "it" person will be second place and the remaining person (the neutral person) is first place.

4. I also think capture the flag will be lots of fun...where there are two teams and they are trying to take the opposing team's flag. And throughout the way, there will be monsters/traps stalling the players. The team who obtains the flag first is the winner!
I know one problem is that we lack coders and other people in the staff commity that can create and edit these events. but as i have said before, i am willing to learn how to code and help out the server at any time and whatever it is!!!

Last edited by BoredRuffles on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 5 times in total

BoredRuffles
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 181
Register Date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:09 pm

BoredRuffles wrote:Hello, these ideas were posted on the old forum. I think it is better to post it here as well. I have also added and deleted some ideas.
1. I also think the staff should have initiative to help out and at least go on to see what is happening. (I know a lot of/all the staff members have a life and that they should focus mostly on school but I agree that it is their duty to pull a side some time (like at least five minutes) to talk to some of the players that are on (I know there are limited people on, but I think doing so will have a great influence to the other people including me. I am on almost at least once a day but like what Aero have said, there are absolutely no one on!

2. Like Parth has said, there should be more maps for people with different skills to train and have fun in. (I personally agree that games are not meant to be a competition, <I agree there will be times where that occurs>. But, I think it is also to have fun and enjoy the things that the staff has provided us with, if we can create a map where people can enjoy a time in Divide AND train them and compete with one other; I think it will surely attract more people and attention. For an example, a map where you:

1. Can have an obstacle course where you can fight different monsters (like Mario)
2. Have a custom item you can use at a specific event/map that can help you in a certain way for this specific destination (like shoes that can make you jump higher, EST.)
3. I was always thinking about MS tag... --an event where the “IT” person can gain a boost and chaise other players and tag/catch each other. If you are caught, lets say two times, you are out of the game, until two people are left in the game and the "it" person will be second place and the remaining person (the neutral person) is first place.
4. I also think capture the flag will be lots of fun...where there are two teams and they are trying to take the opposing team's flag. And throughout the way, there will be monsters/traps stalling the players. The team who obtains the flag first is the winner!
5. I know from my experience, a lot of people like to just sit and talk to other players. I was thinking of a cool custom map just for people to talk. I want this place to be opened to the public and there will be no spawns there. (Feel free to comment and improve this idea!)
These are just SOME opinions to improve the server, I know some of the events might be crazy or that the staff will have a hard time to create the events and the maps, but this is just the start, there are lots more great ideas out there, we just did not grasp it yet.

Sometimes, the server crash and the constant disconnecting of the server has driven people away, I know this is hard to fix, but this is what I think is a big problem also. Some of my friends quit playing Divide the second day she played, just because of the disconnection. (Again my opinion)

Some of the reasons that might affect Dividems are that Big Bang just came out on GMS, so I guess some players will stop playing Divide and will download the patch and play on GMS...my theory.
[I am not sure if this have helped the staff and others to start thinking about, how to improve the server but this is all I have got, also, this is my opinion, I do not expect people to use it because I got to admit, some of these ideas are quite "random".]
Please reply on your opinion, and I think this is quite long.

I know one problem is that we lack coders and other people in the staff commity that can create and edit these events. but as i have said before, i am willing to learn how to code and help out the server at any time and whatever it is!!!

Some of these ideas are decent, some aren't. We could make a patch, but there is issues, most people won't download it, cause it is like downloading MS again. Uhh.. some of your ideas are just ideas. If you refer to the thread title, it says Event ideas.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredRuffles Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Inferno wrote:
BoredRuffles wrote:Hello, these ideas were posted on the old forum. I think it is better to post it here as well. I have also added and deleted some ideas.
1. I also think the staff should have initiative to help out and at least go on to see what is happening. (I know a lot of/all the staff members have a life and that they should focus mostly on school but I agree that it is their duty to pull a side some time (like at least five minutes) to talk to some of the players that are on (I know there are limited people on, but I think doing so will have a great influence to the other people including me. I am on almost at least once a day but like what Aero have said, there are absolutely no one on!

2. Like Parth has said, there should be more maps for people with different skills to train and have fun in. (I personally agree that games are not meant to be a competition, <I agree there will be times where that occurs>. But, I think it is also to have fun and enjoy the things that the staff has provided us with, if we can create a map where people can enjoy a time in Divide AND train them and compete with one other; I think it will surely attract more people and attention. For an example, a map where you:

5. I know from my experience, a lot of people like to just sit and talk to other players. I was thinking of a cool custom map just for people to talk. I want this place to be opened to the public and there will be no spawns there. (Feel free to comment and improve this idea!)
These are just SOME opinions to improve the server, I know some of the events might be crazy or that the staff will have a hard time to create the events and the maps, but this is just the start, there are lots more great ideas out there, we just did not grasp it yet.

Sometimes, the server crash and the constant disconnecting of the server has driven people away, I know this is hard to fix, but this is what I think is a big problem also. Some of my friends quit playing Divide the second day she played, just because of the disconnection. (Again my opinion)

Some of the reasons that might affect Dividems are that Big Bang just came out on GMS, so I guess some players will stop playing Divide and will download the patch and play on GMS...my theory.
[I am not sure if this have helped the staff and others to start thinking about, how to improve the server but this is all I have got, also, this is my opinion, I do not expect people to use it because I got to admit, some of these ideas are quite "random".]
Please reply on your opinion, and I think this is quite long.

Some of these ideas are decent, some aren't. We could make a patch, but there is issues, most people won't download it, cause it is like downloading MS again. Uhh.. some of your ideas are just ideas. If you refer to the thread title, it says Event ideas.

my mistake, i forgot about the topic, i have edited it once more. please reply and comment on the new edited version. About the downloading problem, is it possible to just download the new patch itself? because that is what i have done for the past few years.

BoredRuffles
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 181
Register Date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:52 pm

The ideas are good. Now, this patch is different. It is supposed to be our own patch, it shouldn't follow the Nexon America one. Therefore, we are not able to use Patcher.exe. We could make our own patcher, but there are some problems with that.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:29 pm

What are these problems? o.o
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:59 pm

FailureParth wrote:What are these problems? o.o

The trouble of setting it up, and the trouble of other users running the patcher, cause you need to install certain things. Like Microsoft .NET Frameworks 3.5, and some people believe it or not, seem to be unable to follow instructions. >_>
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:16 am

Maybe instead of installer, individual downloads? or something o_o
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:18 am

FailureParth wrote:Maybe instead of installer, individual downloads? or something o_o

That is terrible, cause not much people are dedicated to downloading that much. >;[
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 am

Maybe make it optional? Some people might not want the edits, or something. o_o
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:22 am

FailureParth wrote:Maybe make it optional? Some people might not want the edits, or something. o_o

Yeah, but that isn't as great, either. We'll see.
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next