Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tran's Suggestions.

5 posters

:: DivideMS :: Requests

Go down

Tran's Suggestions. Empty Tran's Suggestions.

Post  Tran Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:58 am

Okay well, I've thought up of some suggestions. You can either put these on the website, forum, in-game, etc. or neither.

1. Have a list of ALL the staff members. Not just the GMs, but the coders, GFX, moderators, etc. It would definitely be helpful to new players around here so they would know who to turn to when in need of help.

2. Have a 'Goodbye' section? You could somewhat put this with the 'Introductions' section and instead of having it just 'Introductions', have it as 'Introductions/Goodbyes'. Self-explanatory.

3. I think the Requests/Random Questions/Help Section is practically the same. I mean, that's how I see it. You could somewhat rename the 'Request' section as 'Suggestions' for the server? And as for the Random Questions, it's questions about the server. It's basically a help section for those in need.

4. The 'Information' section of the forums should only be for important things. Possibly you could make this as a staff only? I see random threads that don't even belong in that section, and if I were a new player, I'd be confused.

4A. About this section on the forums, some of the threads should be removed/moved. Having a clump there doesn't make it look neat.

5. The forum itself should have a little clean-up. It's a bit messy at the moment.

So basically, this is mainly for the forums. I've only thought these up from the top of my head; I'm pretty sure there might be more suggestions that might come up later on in the future.

03.02.2011. - EDIT.

6. Ban Appeal Format - Since there's been a few bans already, it'd be better to create a ban appeal format for everyone to use (if they're banned). And if they won't follow the format, they can easily be told to do so or they won't be unbanned.

Last edited by Tran on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit #1: Title edit.)
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 95
Register Date : 2010-12-27
City : Los Angeles, California

https://www.youtube.com/user/Tuhrane

Back to top Go down

Tran's Suggestions. Empty Re: Tran's Suggestions.

Post  BoredRuffles Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:04 am

I agree to most of what Tran has said but:
Reply to:

#1. we do have a list of "all" the members. Also, the staff members are all color-coded and all they have to do is to look for the name that has the suspific color. But IT WOULD/MIGHT be easier if we had just the staff members in one list, but i do not think this needed. In game...right now at this point, the amount of players that goes on is increasing, so if a new commer comes on, we can easily introduce some of the gms and the staff members.

#2. i agree

#3. Request and Random Questions and Help are not really the same, they only have the same concept. Request: are questions about the server or the Forum, that is about it. Random Questions: are questions that does not include the forum or the server at all (in cace, i think it should be in the spam section). Help: is when the players/staff members are facing a problem and are asking the staff and/or the players for help, where i believe that we (myself included) should only post the answer/suggestion to the problem and that is it, i dont think commenting in this thread is needed.

#4. AGREED 100%

#5. Agreed, i think one or more Web Admin is needed. Not just the people who played MS for quite a time and have a lot of experience...but the people who is really active in the forum. I am not advertising here, but i thing that: Travis, Tran, and I are active forum members. This is not just because people posts a lot of replies and comments and threads...it is the people who really spemd time in the forums. I do not think this job deserves to be a gm as well...they can just be awarded the abiliyt to: edit, modify, lock and delete threads and replies.

BoredRuffles
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 181
Register Date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Tran Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:49 am

In reply:

1. I can't seem to find the list of all the current staff members. I believe it's important because it's quite often where newcomers are too 'shy' to talk to other members because they feel left out. It would just be helpful if there's a list, whether it's on the forums, in-game, the website, etc., to at least have a list. Plus, to me, this would be a bother where if I ask someone who has belonged in the game for quite some time to NOT know who the current staff members are.

3. On your note of Random Questions, below it says: 'Questions about the server'. The one you're talking about it the 'Other Questions' section, which I have no problem with at all. Also the same with how you explained the 'Request' section. They're requesting something, therefore having a question about the server as well. Same thing with the 'Help Section'; if they have a question, it's basically the same as the 'Random Questions'.

5. Well, I consider that job basically as a 'Forum Moderator', as what most servers call it.
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

Agreed. Also, goodbye section cause of me leaving? ;o
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 264
Register Date : 2010-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredRuffles Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 am

SEE HOW SPECIAL YOU ARE! =D

BoredRuffles
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:26 am

Meh. Sounds good Yan. I can maybe put a clean-up express on the forums. But what if players wanted to ask a question, and if there is a thread open about the question he wanted. He can just refer to that. Surprised We'll see.
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 146
City : Upp your butt around the corner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tran Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:23 am

* And as an edit here on this thread, could someone please create a list of the current staff members as soon as possible? It's really bugging me as to how we all have different timezones; I'd like to talk to the others as well, rather than just one or two people. The only people I ever seen on as of now are Travis and Russell because of the timezones. So, if you could, create a staff list with something along the lines of:

Name - Forum ID - In-Game ID - Timezone

Thank you.
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeroen Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Minh - OwnerMinh - Rizzor - GMT +1
Jeroen - Jeroen - Jeroen - GMT +1
Mike - MikeLilRed - MikeLilRed - GMT +1
Brian - Inferno - Inferno - GMT ..?
Steve - Steve - Steve - GMT +1
Parth - Failure - Failureparth - GMT ..?
Maddison - Pancake - Pancake - GMT ..?
Gert Jan - Rapid0o - Rapido - GMT +1

idkr if parth and brian their ign are right but ill hear that asap.
Jeroen
Jeroen
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 46

https://dividems.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Inferno Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:10 pm

Jeroen wrote:Minh - OwnerMinh - Rizzor - GMT +1
Jeroen - Jeroen - Jeroen - GMT +1
Mike - MikeLilRed - MikeLilRed - GMT +1
Brian - Inferno - Inferno - GMT ..?
Steve - Steve - Steve - GMT +1
Parth - Failure - Failureparth - GMT ..?
Maddison - Pancake - Pancake - GMT ..?
Gert Jan - Rapid0o - Rapido - GMT +1

idkr if parth and brian their ign are right but ill hear that asap.

My IGN is correct, also, my timezone is GMT + 5. I think Parth is in the same timezone as well. Also we got too many GMT + 1 people on the crew. And @Tran, what time do you go on, and your timezone?
Inferno
Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Amount of Messages : 264

Back to top Go down

Post  Tran Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:07 am

@Jeroen, Could you possible make a sticky of that in the 'Information' section on the forums?

@Brian, My timezone is GMT - 8:00 (PST). I'll usually go on whenever I actually have the time. It really varies, so I can't say at this moment. However, once my homework/project load decreases a bit (probably in a week or two), I'll be on around:

Monday: 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Tuesday: 4:00PM - 10:30 PM OR 7:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:30 PM OR 7:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Friday: 4:00PM - N/A OR 7:00 PM - N/A
Saturday: 10:00 AM - N/A
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 10:30 PM

It'll change from time to time; for example, if I have no school on Monday, then I'd stay up later on Sunday. But, that's usually my schedule as of now. <:
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredRuffles Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 am

i guess i will just post mine as well and posting the Timezones and the other stuff will not be a problem...it is not hard to do, but the point is that...it might not posted soon. No offence, but not a lot of people has put a lot of effort in this server to make it good, to improve it, to create that "WOW i am going to try this server out!". (This was not pointed towards any person, this is just what i see as a whole server, please dont take this wrong...)

Mine is pretty simple:

Monday: 4:00 to 7:00
Tuesday: 4:00 to 7:00
Wednesday: 4:00 to 7:00
Thursday: 4:00 to 7:00
Friday: 4:00 to 5:00
Saturday: Varies
Sunday: Varies

my time is based on when my parents gets home and where my parents are...so the time might vary...

my time zone is the same as Brian's...GMT +5

Last edited by BoredRuffles on Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 am; edited 2 times in total

BoredRuffles
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tran Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:53 am

@Russell, You didn't put your timezone, LMFAO.
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BoredRuffles Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:56 am

my bad...it is added now...

BoredRuffles
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  FailureParth Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:49 am

Naw, my timezone is EST. o_o
FailureParth
FailureParth
Active Poster
Active Poster

Amount of Messages : 146
City : Upp your butt around the corner

Back to top Go down

Post  Tran Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 am

Updated suggestions.
Tran
Tran
Active Poster
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down